Help with Hurricane Relief Efforts
Our thoughts are with those affected by the recent hurricanes. Hurricane Harvey was particularly devastating to a number of our colleagues and clients and we continue to do all that we can to help ease any burdens in the weeks and months ahead.
Salient’s Houston office was closed on Monday August 28 and Tuesday August 29 and reopened on Wednesday August 30. During the closure, our Business Continuity Plan was in effect, and we are pleased to report that we experienced no issues in conducting activity from other locations in Texas and our San Francisco office. If you have any questions about our BCP, please call us at +1 713-993-4675, email your primary contact at Salient or our investor relations team at email@example.com.
If you would like to make contributions or donations, here are some organizations that are working to bring relief to those impacted by this disaster:
- Buckner, and specifically their Aldine location, was affected by the storm. Your gift to Buckner International to help victims of Hurricane Harvey will shine hope in the lives of children and families affected by this disaster.
- Salient frequently works with KIPP to support their educational mission. To help provide resources and uninterrupted education to students, please direct donations here.
- The Houston Food Bank is in response mode to support local and statewide needs. Donations and volunteer registration can be made online.
- The Texas Diaper Bank needs monetary donations to provide kits to the families that are being displaced. Donations can be made on their website or by calling +1 210-731-8118.
- The Animal Defense League of Texas is asking for donations to help care for dogs and cats displaced by the hurricane. Steps to donate are found online.
- The South Texas Blood & Tissue Center has been working around the clock to process as many donors as they can. To schedule an appointment to donate, visit their website or call +1 210-731-5590.
- The Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund was established by Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner to accept tax deductible flood relief donations for victims that have been affected by the recent floods.
- The Salvation Army will remain in communities that have been impacted by Hurricane Harvey and needs donations to provide long-term disaster recovery efforts and ongoing assistance to those in need.
Visit our community page to learn more about Salient’s commitment to service and see the organizations we support.